Jim Moran is a specialist in Karndean - a high quality, hard-wearing vinyl which is softer, warmer and attracts less dust than wood. A "floor for life", it is guaranteed for 12 years upwards and can easily be patched if damaged, unlike laminate flooring.
Cavalio, which Jim also supplies, is a similar, top-of-the-market product with the same length of guarantee.
Both products come in strips and tiles, meaning Jim can customise it to your personal taste, designing individual patterns and borders to suit. The surface is so good that he has it in his own home!
What is Karndean Made Of?
Karndean is a vinyl flooring product made primarily from calcium carbonate (limestone), polyvinyl chloride and pigments. It is structured with five layers - two PVC backing layers, one high definition photographic layer, one clear PVC embossed wear layer and a top polyurethane (PU) protective coating.
What is the difference between each of the Karndean ranges?
Besides having different design inspirations, sizes and formats which make each range unique, each of our product ranges also have a different wear layer. The thicker the wear layer the more durable the floor, but also the more our product designers can do with the finish - adding unique embosses for more texture and bevelled edges.
Why choose Karndean over other flooring types?
Karndean vs Hardwood
- Karndean Design flooring gives you the unique grain and knot details, but without the practical difficulties
- Real wood flooring products come in varying quality and can expand, warp and shrink in reaction to temperature changes and moisture. Karndean Design flooring maintains its shape throughout its lifetime and is water resistant
- In order to keep real wood flooring looking like new it requires frequent maintenance including sanding, staining and lacquering. With Karndean, there's no sanding, staining or lacquering required
Karndean vs Stone & Ceramic Tiles
- Natural stone and ceramic flooring can be hard to manage and weight is often a problem, especially if you're looking to install in a room upstairs. Karndean is much lighter, flexible and easier to install
- The cold touch of stone and marble can be a bit off-putting first thing in the morning or in cold weather. Karndean flooring is much warmer underfoot and is also compatible with underfloor heating
- Natural stone and ceramic tiles can be slippery when wet. Karndean flooring is fully slip tested and its textured surfaces are suitable for commercial and domestic use, even in areas which get wet, like the bathroom, kitchen, hall or utility room
The stunning Cavalio collection of luxury vinyl tiles has been designed to harmonise attractive, practical flooring with endless creative possibilities.
We present two distinct ranges, Conceptline & Projectline, which authentically replicate the stunning beauty of natural materials, combined with a protective treatment to suit modern busy lifestyles. Each design faithfully portrays the beautifully unpredictable variations of wood and stone to give you a photo finish with every project.
Cavalio cleverly spans a variety of use areas across the board from residential to commercial settings. Conceptline is designed for every room in the home along with light commercial interiors, whereas Projectline, with a superior protective layer, is engineered to meet the demands of heavy commercial projects, whilst also being highly relevant for all areas of the home.